Built with Figma.
Download from the Web Store
Explore the docs »
Table of Content
Read the Privacy Statement.
- Blurs the list of chats (Left side) of the WhatsApp Web view.
- Blurs the WhatsApp Chat Name of the message.
- Blurs the WhatsApp Author Name of the message.
- Momentarily un-blurs on hovering the blurred regions.
- Toggles blur on clicking the extension.
Extension in Action
Major UX Update:
- All of the potential enhancements expect a toggle button/checkbox for customizations.
- Came up with a better fix — Removing the click overall (UX 101)
- Now, if you’ll just hover on the blurred region; you will be able to momentarily see the hovered plus blurred region.
Simple OnClick Toggle:
- Click on the extension to toggle the blur.
Keyboard Shortcut (Hot-Key) Toggle
Use the shortcut to toggle the blur.
lowkey proud of the alignment and accessibility of these keys.
- Ever felt your privacy invaded when you are logged into WhatsApp Web when you are sharing your screen in a meet or on a projector?
- Or are there times when someone is sitting beside you and sees your WhatsApp chats or who you have been texting?
- Or are there times when you want to share a screenshot with the names hidden?
Moreover, the fact that when I went to look for a solution, found the perfect one to be paid. So, why not build one for free?
Also, wanted to build
an extension desparately.
Download on Edge, Chrome or Brave from the Web Store.